Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cell phone service lower HPP
I tried consumer cellular via AT&T and got no reception mid-HPP . Had to go with Verizon. $110/mo for 2 phones. Expensive, but it works well. Has anyone tried the new Spectrum mobile plan?
Certainty will be the death of us.
quote:
Originally posted by leilanidude

https://www.verizonwireless.com/bring-your-own-device/

Verizon does, for one.

You can bring your own device but it may not function at your house.I have for years owned my own cellphones and use Verizon.My phones will not send or receive calls over WIFI because they don't have the Verizon software (bloatware) installed.
Verizon used to provide cellphone extenders but no longer.

I bought my own.Samsung 4G LTE Network Extender Verizon Wireless Cellular Signal Booster SLS-BU103

You can buy them used on Amazon.I paid $149.00
Google Voice (app you install) will give you a free phone number you can use to make and receive calls and texts on your regular cell phone (or tablet, whatever) anywhere there is wifi (you can use it with your phone's data plan as well but that sort of defeats the purpose). You can use it with a cell phone that has no cell service at all if you want to so long as there is wifi. I think there is a way to use it with a desktop PC too.

I use it when somebody "needs" my phone number but I never want them to call me, I give them the google voice number which I setup to go straight to voice mail. If somebody leaves a message it gets transcribed to text and emailed to me so I don't have to listen to it if I don't want to.

I also use it when I want to place a call anywhere cell reception is spotty but the wifi is strong (like my house). Call quality is excellent, like a land line. Basically it's a free VOIP phone number.

Of course being a Google product when I do use it I just assume they are scrubbing my conversations and selling the data to advertisers like they do with gmail.

I think there is a way to use it with a desktop PC too.

Yes there is.
Google Voice desktop comes with a control panel that shows your calls, voicemails, etc all on one screen.
I also have an Obihai box which routes Google Voice into my cordless phone. It’s a clear signal, better than my Hawaiian Telcom line. I use it for all long distance calls at home, which are free through Google Voice.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves