Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Squatters? HPP, Ala Heiau
With a religion without any kind central church or organization. Anyone can claim anything is sacred. It could get out of hand
It’s very much like the sovereign citizen thing back on the mainland.
quote:
Originally posted by Seeb

....Anyone can claim anything is sacred. It could get out of hand ...

"get out of hand"??? It's already out of hand, and has been for a while. Unless the idiots being elected (or the voters who are electing them) figure this out, we are doomed to having every idiot hobby-horse group that waltzes into town with an agenda inflict all manner of PC restrictions on our everyday life....
we are doomed to having every idiot hobby-horse group that waltzes into town with an agenda inflict all manner of PC restrictions

Which pointless argument is certainly preferable to solving real issues, with the extra added bonus that it can serve as justification for a tax/fee increase.

pointless argument... extra added bonus

It’s only a matter of time when the descendants of pre-contact chiefdoms lay claim to their original districts & islands, and announce they’re throwing off the shackles of and colonization by Kamehameha, the Kingdom of Hawaii, Hawaiian Kingdom, et al, and declare their rule over the Chiefdom of ___________ (fill in with former regional leaders).
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Don't be ridiculous, this island belongs to the trees, and I will represent them as their Ent emperor. We were here first, and we want *you* to make like a tree and leave!
UPDATE:

I haven't walked down to the Critical Habitat For Endangered Hawaiians recently, so thought I'd head off in that direction this morning. The taro terraces when completed had contained about 15-20 taro transplants. As of this morning 3 or 4 had survived, despite several weeks of steady rain.

No Endangered Hawaiians were visible. I hope they didn't starve from crop failure, and are now behind the rocks in the KAPU Hawaiian Burial Ground area.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves