Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mandatory quarantine for all travelers to Hawaii
His order will be enforced by the counties...

Harry? Hahaha..
Seems like a pretty good trick to reduce arrivals to me. Hawaii can do it since we only have the Pacific Ocean as a border. What about boat arrivals?

The mainland states can’t as effectively close borders. Is there a constitutional limit to a state just flat out closing borders?

On the other hand we’re all in the same cage here. Will individual islands try to limit incomers from other islands. Will Kona side try to limit east sliders from coming over there. Will Hilo try to limit the Punatics from coming into town. Will people shoot people coming onto their properties? It would be more humane to quarantine them IMO. Wink

19 is certainly in the wild by now on the big island so how much difference it will make is debatable. But still, it seems a pretty big step in the right direction to me. Yes, Ige is a weasel, but is it impossible to give some credit when he does something right?

Cheers,
Kirt

constitutional limit to a state just flat out closing borders?

It's all a matter of how big your guns are.

Trump has proven that only sissies follow laws, that the constitution is no more than a sacred bit of TP. As such I have to imagine that any state can do anything they want. As long as the have the will, and the might to back it up.

Ige found a path to follow that doesn't rile the feds.. ie he didn't close their sacred airports.. no. But it sure put paid to those arrogant tourists, as seen in our press this morning. Good For Ige.

Will Hilo try to limit the...

I think the most pressing question along that line is how many days until an angry mob runs Harry out of Dodge?
"19 is certainly in the wild by now on the big island"

During the press conference State Health Director Bruce Anderson said that "there has been no community spread of the virus in Hawaii".

I think this guy is working on a book of one-liners.
Travelers who arrive at Hawaii’s airports receive two pieces of paper with information about quarantine requirements, and a stern warning nearly as severe as the threat of Double Secret Probation*:
https://twitter.com/cassieordonio/status...85568?s=21

* Animal House reference
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves