Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What mayoral candidate is pro tmt?
Got my mail in ballot...now who is running for mayor who is for the building of TMT on Mauna Kea?
Are you going to cast your vote based on what someone posts on social media?   Civil Beat has extensive interviews with many of the candidates on many issues including TMT.  Na Leo has two candidate debate forums.  Do your homework.
Certainty will be the death of us.
terracore posted the names of these Pro TMT candidates in the Puna Politics forum, the 3rd post for details:

Tante Urban
Paul Bryant
Stacy Higa
Ted Shaneyfelt
Mitch Roth

https://punaweb.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=21818

The thread also contains links to the Civil Beat questionnaire, and candidates’ replies.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
OK...Read all the candidates bios and I'M voting for Ted V. Shaneyfelt. He's a doctor of Electrical Engineering and teaches at UHH.
Does anybody know which of the pro-TMT candidates are also pro cannabis and/or raw milk legalization?
Aren't cannabis and raw milk both legislated at the state level? So the mayor shouldn't make a difference one way or the other.

Now enforcement of laws pertaining to illegal protests up on Mauna Kea, yup, mayor's call.
The issues are the issues.
Got my ballet and voted. Took about an hour to research the candidates. Some of that information was hard to find. I can understand people not voting.
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!