Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upcoming USPS Changes
The Post Office may implement sweeping changes in the near future.  Hawaii could be particularly impacted as we're dependent on multiple delivery options, packages sent with "free shipping" through USPS, and already longer wait times than their mainland customers experience.  We may never return to normal shipping times after the current COVID disruptions are over, and it's possible widespread free shipping policies by Amazon and others for Hawaii could be a thing of the past.  None of these proposals are finalized, but you can be certain some changes are in the works:
  • Postmaster General Louis DeJoy urging postal staff to leave behind mail at distribution centers if they thought it would cause a delay for letter carriers
  • cut transportation and overtime costs,
  • send letter carriers out to deliver mail more quickly in the morning by prohibiting them from sorting any mail in their offices before they go.
  • This past April, Donald Trump called the Postal Service "a joke" and tried to force the agency to quadruple its package rates in exchange for Covid-19 relief.
USPS New Policies
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Shortly after this broke the treasury worked out a plan to loan the USPS $10 billion so cost-saving measures wouldn't be necessary, though I don't know that means they are rolling anything back.
With the virus raging and more people anticipated using mail in voting so they don't risk their lives, there's a big reason why someone would want to gum up the post office. Look who the new Post Master general is and who put him there...