Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 Lava Flow Property Buyout Program
"I believe it's 2017 assessed value minus what insurance paid out."

My insurance paid out more than the limit that is in the buyout.
"I believe it's 2017 assessed value minus what insurance paid out."

Our insurance paid a bit over that amount, but it was for dwelling and contents, zero for land. Does that matter? Are we still SOL for the buyout of our lava lot I wonder?
The 2017 assessed value was over the $230K cap but it's not like I would be able to get $2300 for an inaccessible acre of lava!
After a lot of County BS (do they hire stupid people on purpose?), my check arrived and is now in the bank. I feel like a con man who convinced the county to pay me top dollar for the Brooklyn Bridge!
Well, the County changed their minds about the buyout and those of us with insurance will still qualify.

Most of my friends have received their buyouts and I would have had mine on March 15th but my name was spelled wrong on my deed 23 years ago so it had to go through escrow a second time.

My closing date is now May 5th. Cinco de Mayo drinks on me at Luquin's.
(04-09-2023, 10:30 PM)Obie Wrote: Well, the County changed their minds about the buyout and those of us with insurance will still qualify.

Most of my friends have received their buyouts and I would have had mine on March 15th but my name was spelled wrong on my deed 23 years ago so it had to go through escrow a second time.

My closing date is now May 5th. Cinco de Mayo drinks on me at Luquin's.

We'll hold you to this.
Is that why my property taxes went up again?
Property taxes are a scam: the same people who decide the rate also choose the valuation, and somehow the numbers magically add up to match the annual budget increase. It's not like Hawaiian Acres suddenly got paved roads or anything.
the numbers magically add up to match the annual budget increase..

And still, imagine if they were based on their real value, as determined by actual sales..
"Is that why my property taxes went up again?"

Property taxes don't fund the buyouts !

Federal income tax might go up though.
Got my buyout money today. Thank you for everyone who pays Federal tax.

I did go to Luquin's and bought $350.00 in tequila shots.

If you weren't there too bad !