Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today from Beat of Hawaii
https://beatofhawaii.com/hawaii-is-broken-now-all-fingers-point-to-the-top/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=hawaii-is-broken-now-all-fingers-point-to-the-top
Peace and long life
I took the plunge and went to the link. It's actually quite an interesting read about how Hawaii has handled, or more accurately, mishandled the COVID pandemic. One quote really stuck out to me because I think it hits the nail on the head.

"Jared: “Continued denial and complete lack of accountability at the highest levels of state and county government. Which leads to the obvious question: Is there no one – in the entire State of Hawaii bureaucracy–that is competent? The virus has simply exposed the extreme incompetence and unprofessionalism of one or two key departments–but surely the rot is obvious from top to bottom. And that begs the question–if everyone at the top ‘resigns,’ gets fired–or is allowed to retire in shame and guilt–who is left to run things? The governor is clearly one of the least competent members of the current administration–but how do we get him out of office if he won’t go quietly himself?”"
What TomK said.