Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
Vaccinated People Spread The Delta Variant, CDC Says
Well of course your going to do whatever you deem is right
I just can't find the science that supports anything we're currently doing is helping.

It seems like ever since they dropped the test or quarantine regime to exclude the vaccinated the program has been worse than swiss cheese.

I'd like to see a study on infection rates before and after this change. I would gander that after that change it was no lower than many places with zero restrictions.

As far as mask mandates, well... The CDC is in the business of publishing some very questionable studies. I've already mentioned where you can find a huge list of problems with those studies. Surveys with 8% response rates, p values of .1... <0.05 is a significant finding for reference. .1 is not anywhere near statistically significant.

There are only two RCTs I know of that tested cloth masks, and all of them came back negative. Bangladesh study again found an 11% reduction in seroprevalence in the general population for surgical masks, but that's not much protection. Roll the dice 10 times and it will likely only protect you or those around you 1 out of 10 times with that level of protection.

You could move to N95 and check for leaks to protect yourself, but I am through with that.

As for vaccine mandates for the general population. I'm sure they did get a small percentage of people to vax who wouldn't otherwise, but the question is at what cost.

Death rate in Hawaii is very low, but we do have a very high vax rate. Also it would be nice to isolate death rates before and after the exceptions were added to safe travels. Other confounders are of course demographics, environmental and genetics. I think you're going to find the IFR varies greatly between various places because of many differing factors.

Any studies of the restrictions would likely need to be done further into the future so we can see the long term effects of such restrictions and mandates. There's already one from John Hopkins, but Hawaii and other islands are edge cases and may not apply.
I just can't find the science that supports anything we're currently doing is helping.

Once the powers-that-be figured out that they could have either "pandemic response" or "a functioning economy", science went out the window.

The "free testing" is my favorite theatre.
That's enough of that I think.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
76 pages aaaaaaand we're done. Or are we?