Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Millions, Poof
(09-24-2021, 07:16 PM)achutch3 Wrote: The response form the triathlon community has been "you been to Kona?, I mean Utah"?  No one wants to go to Utah, everyone's dream is to go to Kona.

Ironman has opened up most races held around the world but are respecting the wishes of the local officials as they treat the Kona venue as friendly as possible because they know their business hinges on this location.  The outreach performed here on the Big Island by Ironman is far and away much greater than any of their other locations.  Ironman goes out of their way to keep their relationship good with the Big Island.

Ironman will do their best to stay in Kona forever.
The swimming venue for the Utah location doesn't look real appealing.  A shallow, stagnant reservoir that's probably shy on water due to drought conditions in the West.
It's fed by water diverted from the Virgin River. I doubt water level will be a problem during the spring runoff. It's quite frequently flooding.
(09-27-2021, 01:39 PM)Obie Wrote: It's fed by water diverted from the Virgin River. I doubt water level will be a problem during the spring runoff. It's quite frequently flooding.
Hope so!  It's currently 86% below seasonal average.  https://snoflo.org/report/flow/utah/virg...t.-george/
how many lives saved... in Hawaii?
How many dieing because of... in Utah?

iow
use your brain, you have one... right?
(09-29-2021, 06:22 AM)Olohana 1790 Wrote: how many lives saved... in Hawaii?

iow
use your brain,  you have one... right?

Whose post are you referring to?
(09-29-2021, 06:22 AM)Olohana 1790 Wrote: how many lives saved... in Hawaii?

iow
use your brain,  you have one... right?
LOL.  Silly questions that your brain has come up with. 

The president of Iron Man made the decision, probably with a "bit of help" from state and local officials.  They want to maintain a good relationship with the state, naturally, and have donated ONE million to help out the economy.   Hey, does the Big Island get all of that?  Wonder what will become of those greenbacks.
(09-29-2021, 02:55 AM)Durian Fiend Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 01:39 PM)Obie Wrote: It's fed by water diverted from the Virgin River. I doubt water level will be a problem during the spring runoff. It's quite frequently flooding.
Hope so!  It's currently 86% below seasonal average.  https://snoflo.org/report/flow/utah/virg...t.-george/
This time of year the Virgin River is normally dust. In May it's a raging torrent.