Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confrontation last evening.....
Nancy, you were safer by yourself than if your man had of been there. If he had of come out,I almost guarantee he'd of caught hell. Out there I'd definetly have a fence.
Most of the local kids respect their mothers and aunties, and will still refain from beating up a female.
Gordon J Tilley
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Tucker

.... It would be nice if that departing shaka might lead to more dialogue.

In all my time here, I have never seen the shaka used in a hateful way.

I'm actually amazed they didn't flash the "Bird" instead. Sounds like these guys may have been a bit camera shy. [Wink]

I don't know how your property is configured, but could it have been that they simply didn't know they were on private property and were simply embarrassed by them being so "lolo"?

-------
Lower your expectations and be ready for anything.
I think they appreciated that I didn't come at them yelling and acting silly. Really, it felt like I was talking to my sons and their friends in a small town in Oklahoma where we lived..(I had to walk up and stop a fight there that was about to happen..bunch of kids, some I recognzied......they arranged where to meet after school, happened to be on my corner...I was kinda the auntie in that town).

And I was sincere when I told them I knew they were just wanting to have some fun. So I hope this ends it, and no further actions need to be taken.
Nancy, I need a photographer at my house too. Can I hire you?! [Smile][Smile][Smile]

Aloha,
John S. Rabi ABR,CM,CRB,FHS,PB,RB
http://www.JohnRabi.com
Typically Tropical Properties
"The Next Level of Service!"
This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: http://www.nsm88.org/aboutus.html

Aaaaa....yeah...I suppose...gee, you never know when something will lead to a new career...lol[Big Grin]
Utopic views are nice and fluffy, but reality is that we have an ice epidemic as well as a failing economy. I think a fence will prove one of the better investments in these changing times. Can a person reason with a meth head, or with an Islamic extremist? One of my buddies said it best, "Only a fool argues with a fool."

"It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness."
Old Chinese Proverb

quote:
Originally posted by Crizzy

Utopic views are nice and fluffy, but reality is that we have an ice epidemic as well as a failing economy. I think a fence will prove one of the better investments in these changing times. Can a person reason with a meth head, or with an Islamic extremist? One of my buddies said it best, "Only a fool argues with a fool."

"It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness."
Old Chinese Proverb

Couldn't say better,Crizzy!
geez, i don't know? we were always taught to respect peoples' property.

an example of no respect: the other day some thieves were picking mangoes on private property over here in kaneohe while the owners were away. the neighbors called the police and several people were arrested. and, i just might add, one of them had a toddler in a stroller. but then again, it was right down the road from the police station so they responded quickly.

malia paha o lohe aku

perhaps they will hear
"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james