Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beach Road
Drove Beach Road yesterday from HPP to Beaches. It is barely passable now with huge potholes and encroaching cane grass, the worst since it was re-opened a few years ago. As it is the only way out of Lower Puna if 130 should be blocked anywhere between the roundabouts, I'd hate to see it lost again. They went through a lot of work to get it re-opened during the lava mess. Anyone actually know what the County has in mind here?
Anyone actually know what the County has in mind here?

I believe this is a translation of the Hawaii County motto as seen on the doors of their official "work" vehicles.
I also ask myself this question whenever I walk into a County building, or call them on the phone.

Seriously, Beach Road from Maku'u to Hawaiian Beaches was graded and widened in 2014 so HELCO could run power lines to PGV, and intended as an emergency route if Highway 130 was blocked by lava.  Highway 130 is open, and tree branches are kept trimmed from the power lines and remain functional so that probably is all they care about at this point.  
the Hawaii County motto

I believe the motto is actually: "We don't care about you and your stupid problems."

They merely rearrange the words to make it seem like it says something else.
It's a road in limbo, it was a state road and was dumped on the county.

The county can only scrape up enough money to surveys and studies !
The rest goes to employee expenses !!
Amazing really with all the Taxes and fees that are levied on us
Business as usual. Thanks to our very own Good Ol Boy network.