Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
transfer stations closed island-wide for Iron Man
Due to road closures for the Ironman World Championship this week, the following Hawaii County solid waste facilities and services will not be available:
On Thursday: The West Hawaii Sanitary Landfill (Pu’uanahulu) and Organics Facility, Kealakehe Recycling and Transfer Station, Reuse Center, and HI-5 Redemption, and the Keauhou HI-5 Redemption.

On Friday, all solid waste transfer stations islandwide and the East Hawaii Reload Station.
On Saturday: The West Hawaii Sanitary Landfill (Pu‘uanahulu) and Organics Facility, Kealakehe Recycling and Transfer Station, Reuse Center, and HI-5 Redemption and Keauhou HI-5 Redemption.
The closure at the Kealakehe Recycling and Transfer Station will affect all services, including residential trash disposal, HI-5 redemption, two-bin recycling, green waste recycling, the Re-Use Store, and mulch pick-up.
The Keauhou Recycling and Transfer Station will provide services for residential trash disposal, Re-Use Center, and two-bin recycling during this closure.
Regular operations and services will resume on Sunday, with the exception of the sanitary landfill, which reopens Monday.
Info: www.hawaiizerowaste.org.

https://www.westhawaiitoday.com/2022/10/...r-ironman/
(10-07-2022, 05:48 PM)terracore Wrote: Due to road closures for the Ironman World Championship this week, the following Hawaii County solid waste facilities and services will not be available:
How many people participate in this event?
About 5000, most from off island. That's irrelevant. The reason for the dump closure on the Hilo side is that all our trash is hauled to Kona side and they don't want their trucks caught in the traffic. Hilo side is only closed today, between races, when everyone is out and about. This seems pretty reasonable to me.
Certainty will be the death of us.
(10-07-2022, 10:52 PM)kalianna Wrote: About 5000, most from off island. 

And a lot of people on the island, plus tourists, who will watch the event plus all the workers who have to support the event that will take them away from their regular jobs.  A one-day closure of transfer stations is a small price to pay, especially as closures also happen on certain holidays and reasonable people deal with them.
You know Tom, you are getting snarkier and snarkier. I don't know who pissed in your cornflakes but you might want to see somebody about that.

And yes, I have you on my ignore list but sometimes I check in to see if you getting better or worse and for now I can say that you're becoming a right old coffin dodging prat!
(10-10-2022, 07:34 PM)AaronM Wrote: You know Tom, you are getting snarkier and snarkier.  I don't know who pissed in your cornflakes but you might want to see somebody about that.   

And yes, I have you on my ignore list but sometimes I check in to see if you getting better or worse and for now I can say that you're becoming a right old coffin dodging prat!

I don't know what it is with you, but for some reason, it seems you don't like facts being introduced into a discussion, and if they are then you resort to a personal attack, i.e., an ad hominem. What on earth is wrong with pointing out that a lot more than the actual 5,000 participants will actually take part in the event and the world doesn't end because of that?
Tom from the Refund Thread:

elepaio pid= Wrote:
'elepaio:
"Not allowed on PW Tom and you should know that. But just BC i cannot here, doesn't mean its not happening."

TomK:
"We're discussing delays of refunds by the state. I don't care if "But just BC i cannot here" because you are both illiterate and incoherent while adding nothing to the conversation."

Bonus Points to you Kalianna to use some fun words, I think he has a problem with women who speak their minds. Maybe Not used to that.

peace.

And Ironman is awesome always. Stoked its here.
" a lot of people", "small price to pay", "reasonable people deal"

None of these are facts.