Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Popeyes Hiring
"Not going back until they get their act together."

You should probably never go back.

It's Louisiana fried chicken. It's marinated in Cajun seasonings , breaded and deep fried.

It's not McDonalds !
(06-08-2023, 12:23 AM)Obie Wrote: It's marinated in Cajun seasonings , breaded and deep fried.

It's not McDonalds !

Not having Louisiana fried chicken dripping in oil is like ordering your steak tar tar medium well!
We took the Popeye's plunge yesterday (Monday). Right at noon. Was surprised there were only two cars ahead of us at lunch time. Took 12 minutes from pulling up to driving away with a mystery sack of empty calories. Cost was comparable to eating at Burger King, maybe a little less because the 2 piece with a side and biscuit was almost too much food for me to eat. The wife couldn't finish hers so I had leftovers.

The food was exactly how I remember it from over 10-15 years ago.

My only complaint was that the ordering gizmo at the drive through is more like a menu highlights sort of thing and difficult to use. This was made worse by the fact we couldn't hear the girl trying to take our order at all. It was frustrating enough I would have left the drive through and gone inside to order, but once you get that far into the drive through you're trapped unless you have a vehicle that can jump over a curb. Her voice was way too soft and muffled and telling her we couldn't hear didn't help, especially after a big diesel truck pulled up behind us and drowned out any hope of communication. So I shouted out an order from what I remembered their menu had years ago and pulled up hoping whatever I got was close. It was.

Next time I'll go in or use an app or something. The wife didn't like her order because she would have preferred something else, but there was no way to communicate with them during the ordering process in the drive through. As we were pulling away we noticed the drive through line had 5-6 cars behind us, so it did start to get busy soon after noon.

In other unhealthy news, the Little Caesars in Shipman Park reportedly opened yesterday.