Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Painting Roof in Puna - How to overcome precipitation?
Apologies if this has been addressed. I did my best to search but found nothing.  

"May the odds forever be in your favor" is not really a strategy. Forcasts are iffy. If one paints the roof and it rains in the next 24 hours, all or nearly all is lost. Is there a pro move to overcome this? Thoughts? Ideas? Mahalo.
We just had our roofs pressure washed and painted. We waited three weeks before painting as we waited for a dry spell. This is it. Do it now. Our painter said that short of a strong rain storm, eight hours was sufficient drying time. Painting is quick with a sprayer. Watch the weather report. Thereʻs no work-around that I know of.
Certainty will be the death of us.
May I ask who painted your roof? You are obviously pleased with their work?
Thanks
Yes! Joe F. did a great job. Heʻs based in HPP. His number is 785-2964.
Thank you!
(10-22-2023, 08:04 PM)kalianna Wrote: We just had our roofs pressure washed and painted.  We waited three weeks before painting as we waited for a dry spell.  This is it.  Do it now.  Our painter said that short of a strong rain storm, eight hours was sufficient drying time.  Painting is quick with a sprayer.  Watch the weather report.  Thereʻs no work-around that I know of.

Just wanted to circle back and mahalo you kalianna for the sound advice.  We jumped on it and caught the tail end of the dry spell.  Sprayer was the way to go and we actually got over 24 hours of curing.  Looks like a new roof.
Glad it worked out, Punatang. Best part is that itʻs one less thing to think about for awhile.