Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Costco Greenhouse & ICE CREAM
I was in Kona Costco today.
They have a greenhouse kit, the size is maybe 8’x7’ for $1200 or $1300.  It’s packed in a box that would probably fit in a pickup bed.
Thought some folks in Puna might find it useful to keep winter veggies dry while growing.  Or as a guest house, depending on how you feel about your guests.
Was it the one with the wood walls?
Yes, wood walls and plastic windows and roof
I read last week that in a taste test by a major US newspaper, Kirkland Signature Super Premium Vanilla Ice Cream came in second, right after Ben & Jerry’s and ahead of many premium brands.

How can that be?  Ben & Jerry’s, Häagen-Dazs cost over $7.00 a pint.  Costco ice cream is a gallon (8 pints) for $14.99.  

We bought a gallon, tried a bowl when we returned home - - it is that good.  Goodbye overpriced pints.  Hello rich, creamy and delicious Kirkland Brand.  I only hope the gallons don’t lead to pounds.

Be sure to pack a good cooler and bring plenty of ice packs or buy enough ice for the long ride home.
Now youʻre talkinʻ news we can use!
(02-08-2024, 06:16 PM)HereOnThePrimalEdge Wrote: I read last week that in a taste test by a major US newspaper, Kirkland Signature Super Premium Vanilla Ice Cream came in second, right after Ben & Jerry’s and ahead of many premium brands.

How can that be?  Ben & Jerry’s, Häagen-Dazs cost over $7.00 a pint.  Costco ice cream is a gallon (8 pints) for $14.99.  

We bought a gallon, tried a bowl when we returned home - - it is that good.  Goodbye overpriced pints.  Hello rich, creamy and delicious Kirkland Brand.  I only hope the gallons don’t lead to pounds.

Be sure to pack a good cooler and bring plenty of ice packs or buy enough ice for the long ride home.
Yep, Costco ice cream is excellent.  It was my husbands favorite.  No need to spend more.
I made one 2X that size for $400... and it won't rust and rot like the mainland kits ALWAYS do
I was worried that the Greenhouse advice might get you into hot water but apparently you saved it with the ice cream.  Noted.

Ho' ola farms offers a fantastic greenhouse course and they also do courses, that I can't vouch for, on how to package and market your own value added products like ice cream. Thanks for the great post!