Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad News
quote:
Originally posted by Jon

LOL... well.. its cooler here than Texas right now....

Transplanted Texan

Oh, yes!! As a child, I spent a night in White Settlement just outside West Fort Worth with my Aunt Nelda. The LOW temperature at the airport that night was 90! Nelda assured us it was cooler at the airport than her house. They had no air conditioning, which we were used to, but even that tried and true Texan method of sleeping on the porch (or out in the yard) provided no relief. To make matters worse, they lived near a stagnant creek which provided humidity and mosquitoes. We never went back to Aunt Nelda's house in the summer. As my Daddy put it, "If I wanted to go to hell, I would just behave badly and get sent to a proper one instead of Nelda's version. At least I would have a good time on the way."

Cheers,
Jerry, Recovering Texan
I think I have been there.........

95/71 today in Fort Worth.... Going to 99+ over the weekend....

with any luck we will find we have left hell behind...

Transplanted Texan
-----------------------------------------------------------
I do not believe that America is better than everybody else...
America "IS" everybody else.
The Wilder Side Of Hawaii
Fort Stockton?

Ha, one day I was driving thru Texas selling seismic equipment and saw on the map a town named Pandale. It only had one dirt road going into it. I just had to go there a see what a town with only one road would be like. The population was only 3.

I went in the little store and got a Lone star beer and staredt shoot the bull with the lady there.
I asked her what made her move out here and she said that she was just tired of all the hustle and bustle of the city. I was assuming she meant Houston, Dallas or San Antonio.

I asked where she came from and she said Fort Stockton, I almost spewed beer out of my nose.