Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homeschoolers in Puna?
Aloha all! Here's my next question.......Does anyone here know of anybody homeschooling highschool age kids in Puna? All my research turns up groups in Kona and on Oahu and Maui. We have homeschooled in the past and my son would like to try it over there. I'm kind of going back and forth about it as I want to make sure he meets other kids too. He wants to be able to do all his school work in the morning so he can do things like volunteer at the zoo, as he LOVES animals, try growing some things or crafting some things to sell at farmers markets, explore the area, etc. If you know anyone who does homeschool or has resources about other homeschoolers in the area, please let me know. We are still looking at Charter Schools too, but we aren't sure we will be on island by the time school starts at the end of July. Also, is there any kind of football program besides the ones at the schools? Here he has been able to play through the schools even though he homeschools but from what I've learned at the DOE website, this is not an option there. Okay, enough questions from me for one night!
Mahalo,
Lori