Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Superferry Coming to Big Island in May
While I still don't like the process that brought the Superferry to Hawaii, with the loss of Aloha Airlines, and the ever increasing need for options of shipping products through the islands, I'm a bit stoked to think that the Superferry is coming in May.

I just wish it arrived on the Hilo side[B)]

-------
Rally For the Plan
By the time the Superferry gets here next May...oil will be over $200.00 a barrel ... and it will be way too expensive for the average person to ride on.
I lost interest in the SF when I found you wouldn't be able to make a BI to Maui trip with out going to Oahu first[:0]. Very poor planning as far as I'm concerned.[Sad!]

Royall

What goes around comes around!

There is still the Alenuihaha channel to contend with. Can the ferry survive it?

They are going to make the ferry go from Kawaihae to Oahu without stopping in Maui? Hmpf!

Still don't like the idea of the ferry bringing cars of folks. Our parks are already full, where are these carloads of people going to go? Will they stay in hotels? I see ATV's running amok and scaring the horses and cattle.

"I like yard sales," he said. "All true survivalists like yard sales." 
Kurt Wilson
the superferry may survive the alenuihaha channel, but will the riders? better keep some ginger on hand for the tummy.

i will probably use it if the price is right when i move to the BIGGEST island. but, like it was mentioned, it's going to kona not hilo. i don't know maybe i'll have to give it some more thought. what will be less traumatic for my animals? airlines or superferry?

"chaos reigns within.
reflect, repent and reboot.
order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry
"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

quote:
Originally posted by Royall

I lost interest in the SF when I found you wouldn't be able to make a BI to Maui trip with out going to Oahu first[:0]. Very poor planning as far as I'm concerned.[Sad!]

Good Concern Royall,

I just looked at page 5 of the schedule and noticed that if we want to go to Kauai we would actually have to transfer ferries![Sad!] (this goes both ways for the Kauai residents that might want to go to the Big Island)

I wonder if they charge again for that transfer... As I have family on Kauai.

*edit* I just also noticed that there is physically no way that a person can travel on the HSF from the Big Island to Kauai or the other way around in one day.[B)]

-------
Rally For the Plan