Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Urgent, County Council Meet Wed. Lowest Priority
There will be an extremely pressing County Council meeting in KONA this Wednesday, August 13th in Kona at the Sheraton Keauhou By Resort, 78-128 Ehukai, Kailua-Kona at 9:45 am. The Council is going to vote whether to put the "Lowest Law Enforcement Priority for Cannabis Ordinance on the November ballot. This is an extremely important council vote because it will allow the people for the first time to decide how much police enforcement for cannabis offenses we want on the Big Island. If the council votes to place it on the ballot, we go from there with a campaign for greater people involvement and power. We may not get a chance like this again soon.

Try to be there and tell your friends on the Kona side to testify. If the folks on the HILO side can attend the KONA meeting give me a call. We are planning to carpool with Greywolf and others and will have a circle gathering outside the council room in KONA and a possible peaceful demonstration in the parking lot of sign holders encouraging a yes vote. Call me if you want to carpool. Andrea 959-8091 or email andreatischler@yahoo.com You can also testify by telecam in Hilo at the County Council meeting chamber. Also, please write your council member to put Lowest Law Enforcement Priority for Cannabis Ordinance on the Nov. ballot. If you are in Puna, it is Naeole or Jacobson. I would email and phone the whole group. Tell everyone you see, forward this email and send emails to everyone you know. Send this link. We want to swamp them with emails and calls and let them know that we mean business. We demand this to be placed on the Nov. ballot.

http://co.hawaii.hi.us/council/contact_council.htm

Patients are in a greater position to be heard, now. In the past couple years and thanks to a few brave and compassionate doctors our numbers have grown to more than 2600 on the Big Island . We can now call ourselves a subculture that will VOTE! ASA, other organizations and dedicated citizens in our communities are going to organize and make a huge difference in the upcoming election. We can become part of the political dialog, be treated with respect and have the equal rights we deserve.

Patients want to align themselves with those in the religious community because of our close heart connection, mutual respect of the plant and for the compassion, caring and support that the religious community has lovingly shown patients. With patient and religious groups and peace abiding citizens together we will have a greater voice in our government and in our local communities from now on. We know that there are branches of our government that do not want to see these changes take place and the obstacles are great. However, united and together we will do our very best to overcome these challenges through deep prayer, creating positive intentions and by making great sacrifices. This is the only way to unlocking the truth and moving toward liberation.

Andrea Tischler
Chair
Americans for Safe Access
Big Island Chapter
Lee Eisenstein
http://members.cruzio.com/~lionel/event

"Be kinder than necessary, as everyone you meet is engaged in some kind of strudel."
quote:
We are planning to carpool with Greywolf and others and will have a circle gathering outside the council room in KONA and a possible peaceful demonstration in the parking lot of sign holders encouraging a yes vote.
I hesitate to say this, and please don't take me wrong (fat chance), but I see great potential to hurt the cause. If the "circle gathering" and "peaceful demonstration" is such that the majority of citizens and officials see it as just a bunch of "freaks" and "burnouts" protesting so that they can have their dope, then the cause is harmed. I would lose the "circle" idea, if I understand it correctly. The organizers should circulate a preferred dress code which would be attire and grooming that would be seen as other than hippie type. The cause is advanced if the citizens and officials see the "demonstrators" as otherwise normal (not NORML) fellow citizens.

I may personally agree with the initiative if substantial money would be saved by it's implementation and provision is made for the saved money to be re-allocated to more serious problems. The eradication of ICE would be an example of a more serious problem.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
I posted this on the Punaweb election blog but now that I read this, I thought I'd update everyone:

The County Council voted 6-3 on first reading today in favor of the Puna CDP, with non-substantive amendments from Chris Yuen. Councilwoman Emily Naeole voted in favor of it, as did Pete Hoffman, Angel Pilago, Brenda Ford, Dominic Yagong, and Bob Jacobson. So there's just the 2nd reading to turn out for for it to be officially adopted as the vision of the people of Puna!

In another action, the Council took convoluted action that allows the low-prioritizing of cannabis enforcement to go to the ballot in November. So the people will get their chance to individually weigh in on this issue. Yaaayyy, democracy!

moving the status of Pakalolo to "lowest priority",in the eyes of most in 'Hawaii County', would be a victory for medical marijuana patients. Besides, this is 2008, why is American Society still uptight about pakalolo?

Right now the way the medical marijuana laws are set up. They don't benefit the patient that much. They need a more comprehensive plan for the medical marijuana patient to survive. The amount of marijuana allowed by law here in the 50th state for the patient isn't enough! Plain and simple,the medical marijuana patient in Hawaii needs to have more plants to keep a good cycle of medication going,and this can only happen if the laws change!

-----------

have a great diet. You're allowed to eat anything you want, but you must eat it with naked fat people.

~Ed Bluestone

-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!