Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hula Workshop
Wanted to let you all know there will be a hula workshop in the Pahoa community begining August 30th. There will be classes in both Kahiko and Auana, beginners and advanced welcome. A 6 week workshop on Saturdays 10am-noon for Kahiko and 1-3pm for Auana classes. Directed by Kumu Hula Roy Kala Leabig. Contact and more information 435-851-4729 (his mainland cell).
Man wish I was already on the Island, I dont think you could find a better way to immurse yourself in the culture and to learn the old ways.[8D] Than to take class's like this.

setting my soul free....
setting my soul free....
not to highjack this thread, But am trying to find a hawaiin language class, cant seem to find one offered on line or even be able to order a course,when I move this fall I want to learn all I can.
Especially interested in learning from a kahuna kupua.

lets face it folks if we dont Ho'omoe wai kahi ke kao'o (lets all travel together like water flowing in one direction).

we as a people will not survive.

I think in these changinging times Waiho wale kahiko (old secrets are now going to be reveiled.

setting my soul free....
setting my soul free....
Wasn't HCC going to offer HL in Pahoa in the near future?

Carrie Rojo

"The sun and moon collide. Isn't gravity a funny thing? The universe explodes apart. All the children sing..." Todd Rundgren
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
Lostboystoy
Couldn't agree more about learning culture and old ways in such a class. Some hula classes are just that a dance class. This particular workshop is not only dance, but taught by Kumu is history, culture, language, music, song, and oh yes, dance/hula. You will learn about plants as they relate to hula adornments and costumes.
If you are looking stricly for language (olelo) class and on line I found this very helpful - http://ksdl.ksbe.edu/kulaiwi - an on line class open to all offered through Kamehameha Schools.

thank you, Thas what I thought the class was, thats exactly what I am looking for. thanx

setting my soul free....
setting my soul free....