Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I love the Rain today
I woke this morning to find our catchment had finally filled for the first time. 10,500. gals. Yeah... But the overflow pipe was cracked and the water was flowing over the tanks edge. I put a patch over crack. Now it works.Yeah again. Ok now it can stop raining for a litte while.

Wyatt
Kalapana Seaview

Edited by - wyatt on 03/19/2006 14:38:51
"Yearn to understand first and to be understood second."
-- Beca Lewis Allen
Yep, our tank is full as well. Just hoping the new on (uninstalled as yet) doesn't get too full to move.

We've made a bit of progress the 2 nearly dry days. can check our progress at - http://community.webshots.com/album/468915553RbjdnV

David

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident
Hey David,
Looks like things are moving forward for you.
Like checking out progress pics. That cesspool
was very large. Keep up the good work.

Wyatt

"Yearn to understand first and to be understood second."
-- Beca Lewis Allen
Hey Dave, Don't know why I didn't notice the picture before, "walls in a box". Is your place a structural insulated panel home, too? Our Keaau SIP house was built in '73. We had never seen one before, but our structural assessor said it was in good shape, so we bought it. If it is a SIP, what made you go for it?
Aloha, Carey

Carey

Yes, the ProTEC panels are SIPs. When we designed are house, it was with the idea that we would NOT be doing conventional framing. In part, because we would be doing owner-builder, in part because we wanted to checkout newer, hopefully simpler methods. You can read all about ProTEC at www.castleblock.com
Other reasons, the bug resistance, water, mildew, fire, insulation factors. We hope that it proves to be less maintenence intensive over the years. As for cost, it seemed a reasonable alternative when we first investigated, but I haven't kept up with current costs, but would be curious.

David

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident