Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another stimulus deal by years end?
Looks like every taxpayer in Hawaii may get another stimulus check by year end. Hope its "before" Christmas so i can pay for a flight back east!

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/S/SECOND_STIMULUS?SITE=HIHAD&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT
Not that i am not glad to get a stimulus check. But here is something to stimulate our mind: Before Bush Junior was appointed to the white house in 2008, I remember gas in the San Francisco area was under $2 a gallon. We have been paying about more than twice since he is selected by the supreme court. That is what we get for putting 2 oil men in the white house!!! Or did we??? Just want to remind people that while it is good to get a stimulus check, they are actually taking away our dinners and threw us a piece of bone - after the dog is done with it.

canhle
canh Le
Well said, Canh!

Cheers,
Jerry
I would rather they just lower taxes. Wouldn't it be easier than taxing us then giving it back to us? That sounds like something government would think was efficient. God forbid they limit their spending like the rest of this nation and scale down a bit to put more money in our pockets for the times ahead.
canhle,

your words are as true as the rain in the night

Smile

James Weatherford, Ph.D.
15-1888 Hialoa
Hawaiian Paradise Park
quote:
Originally posted by canhle

Not that i am not glad to get a stimulus check. But here is something to stimulate our mind: Before Bush Junior was appointed to the white house in 2008, I remember gas in the San Francisco area was under $2 a gallon. We have been paying about more than twice since he is selected by the supreme court. That is what we get for putting 2 oil men in the white house!!! Or did we??? Just want to remind people that while it is good to get a stimulus check, they are actually taking away our dinners and threw us a piece of bone - after the dog is done with it.

canhle

WOW what sour grapes! Just remember that oil prices are set by speculators and it is a WORLD WIDE MARKET. If you don’t think so go to London and buy a litter of petrol and see what they pay. Oh, that’s right Bush’s fault.
Jerry I thought you spent your childhood in TEXAS, oil should be in your blood, eh?
And did you see Texas beat Oklahoma yesterday, go Longhorns.
And, if the Dem’s get in the White House just watch your taxes go through the roof. Someone please tell me I’m wrong but our taxes are to high now!

"Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I look for my dreams and a pocket full of gold" Led Zeppelin
If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....
Yes, Scott, I saw the Horns hook OU. It was glorious.

As far as the oil business goes, you have to understand that where I come from, the struggling family ranchers (not mega-businesses or "hobby" rancher millionaires) have long distrusted the oil companies. They have a history of taking advantage of Texas land owners that goes back to the early 20th century by buying mineral rights and paying royalties that were only a fraction of what a more sophisticated person would have negotiated. To top it off, they frequently left the land they drilled upon environmentally wrecked and useless for future agricultural use. If you fly over West Texas, you can still see the scars on the land from drilling in the 1920's.

We used to think we were unlucky because there was no oil under our land, but now those of my family who choose to follow the traditional livelihood have a beautiful, unspoiled place to work. It isn't the life I would choose, but my cousins love it, and I respect their choice. And my Mama still gets to shoot rattlesnakes.

Cheers,
Jerry
quote:
Originally posted by Kahunascott

quote:
Originally posted by canhle

canhle

WOW what sour grapes! Just remember that oil prices are set by speculators and it is a WORLD WIDE MARKET. If you don’t think so go to London and buy a litter of petrol and see what they pay. Oh, that’s right Bush’s fault.
Jerry I thought you spent your childhood in TEXAS, oil should be in your blood, eh?
And did you see Texas beat Oklahoma yesterday, go Longhorns.
And, if the Dem’s get in the White House just watch your taxes go through the roof. Someone please tell me I’m wrong but our taxes are to high now!

"Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I look for my dreams and a pocket full of gold" Led Zeppelin

Hate to be the one to tell you .but your taxes are going up!!!! where do you think they are going to get 700 billion from? who is going to pay for the endless war's? The only question is how much not if.
I like it here in the shallow end of the gene pool