Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keep an eye out
I bought used furniture from Hilo, including a little cube fridge for $30 and a pink TV/DVD player from Sears - no REAL MAN would be seen with a Princess TV, I hope! Thank heavens I have watchful neighbors - the first time I tried the key (which didn't work for me - the real estate agent had trouble with it, too) they were ready to call the police on me, they told me later. I had to get a locksmith to replace it. This is Nanawale Estates, BTW.
Oh, the on-demand water heater? I had mine put in a closet, not outside. I plan to put the washer/dryer on the back lanai, not close to the road or visible to drive-bys. Until then, I use the laundromats.
Dick Wilson,
My reply was about the robbery. I say bring caning to Hawaii!!!!
Puna: Our roosters crow first
Thanks everyone, here is a link to photos of my stuff http://s250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271...n%20items/ I don't have internet at home yet (they will come and install soon) and poor cellular signal. So sorry for not replying sooner. Thanks for all the ideas and support. I was also told by the police that before I talk to neighbors I should let them. (The also thought that it could be a neighbor) The "keep an eye out" was for your neighbor (as a preventative measure to keep your neighborhood safe), but it also applied to my stuff in yardsales or craigslist. I sure hope that I can get some closure.

[/quote]

Sounds like a great piece of software! I think I'll get it installed on mine. It works on desktops as well. What happened to your neighbor?
[/quote]

Well, it's an interesting story. Lojack for Laptops works because as soon as a person signs online with your computer, an alarm goes off (essentially) on their website and they immediately have the location of the laptop. The only difficult part is getting the police to respond. Normally, they get a warrant so they can break down the door. I thought for sure, living in Eden Roc, I wouldn't hear from the police for weeks without mediation. They sent an officer out within an hour, the laptop and my neighbor were at another neighbors online and eating what they took from my fridge. Turns out, they had taken my other neighbor's car (who left the keys in the ashtray while he took off to minnesota) in order to go on a heist spree through the neighborhood. I didn't press charges (she lives right across the street from me[:I]) but he did and she's awaiting trial right now.
Rizi,

You were so smart to have those pictures. Hopefully someone can spot your stuff, even one item might lead to the capture of the dirty rotten scoundrels! Best to you. I hope you had insurance, though I know it is all a big pain to have to document and replace everything and worst of all it is frightening to know that there are people out there ravaging the lives of islanders.

I agree... bring back caning [Wink]

quote:
Originally posted by rizi

Thanks everyone, here is a link to photos of my stuff http://s250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271...n%20items/ I don't have internet at home yet (they will come and install soon) and poor cellular signal. So sorry for not replying sooner. Thanks for all the ideas and support. I was also told by the police that before I talk to neighbors I should let them. (The also thought that it could be a neighbor) The "keep an eye out" was for your neighbor (as a preventative measure to keep your neighborhood safe), but it also applied to my stuff in yardsales or craigslist. I sure hope that I can get some closure.

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

Devany Vickery-Davidson
East Bay Potters
www.eastbaypotters.com
Online, I shop Craigslist too, but be sure to check out www.kijiji.com also. There's a furniture/decor and antiques. I'm keeping an eye out.

Maybe place an ad in their "wanted". I'm assuming their going to sell the table; it's very specific.