Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billy Talks Story at Makuu Market
Aloha, Everyone interested in the future of our island should try to come to the talk story tomorrow 6pm at Makuu Farmer's Market and listen to Billy Kenoi's plans. People will have an opportunity to ask questions and talk to him about what the community needs. Come out to enjoy the refreshments and a small snack and get to know the next Mayor of our island up close. The talk starts at 6pm goes until 8. I hope I see you all there tomorrow!
Mahalo, Kate

www.billykenoi.com

It's 6pm - 8 pm on Thursday the 11th, Makuu Farmers Market, Keaau-Pahoa Road.

kate
kate
I probably can't make it. I would like to ask Billy about the heavy campaign contributions from contractors, developers and attorneys and why that shouldn't concern me. If anyone can make the ask and report back here that would be nice. Billy is a very nice guy and extremely easy to like but I am concerned about the money and what it means.

Isemoto for example is a Kenoi contributor and that company does millions in county contracts - many of which are way over budget.

From looking at the campaign spending records Angel Pilago's biggest contributor is Jesse Colin Young. Musicians don't worry me like government contractors and developers do.

So perhaps a question Billy could answer is: Has he ever said no to any money? and Why?
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator