Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Political Headquarters Offices?
Does Hilo (or the Big Island) have political headquarters offices? I couldn't find any listings. Where do you get signs, bumper stickers etc. for your party's candidates? I remember getting together and stuffing envelopes and manning the phones as well as taking people to the polls (vote early and often)..... it all was coordinated around the headquarters office. What's up?

See our home progress at: http://picasaweb.google.com/kaptkimo/BUI...SEINHAWAII
and our Family Frog Blog: http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-pNvaHC46e...0AOJ3?cq=1
Home of the "Just for Keiki" Luau show.
See: http://justforkeiki.blogspot.com/
Depends on who's signs and bumper stickers you want. There is a topic here on Punaweb which identifies web sites for candidates. That should have the contact info you seek.

Punaweb moderator
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Generally it's just the major parties; Democrat and Republican. At headquarters you let them know you are available for working and they let you know when something comes along. In the Bay Area we always just worked our precincts, put on potlucks and barbecues and worked out flyer distribution for our guys. Who coordinates the party workers?
Home of the "Just for Keiki" Luau show.
See: http://justforkeiki.blogspot.com/
With so much information available online now a days, you can probably download many .PDF files directly from candidates websites as well as email them directly to let them know your available for assistance.

The Hawaii County Democratic Website can be found here

I just did a quick google search, and couldn't find a Hawaii County Republican Site.

I mentioned a tool on this thread that you can use to find your specific candidates info... However, I just clicked on the link and it appears the server is either really busy... or just not working now.

-------
Glob
The Hawaii County Democratic Party does not have a physical office. But it is working hard on building up its 21st Century presence. Maybe one day we'll have enough funds in the party coffers for an office. However, we're all working out of our homes to do the work of the party.

As such, those attending the Hawaii County Fair in Hilo Sept. 18-21 will be able to get Dem. Party candidates' campaign literature and handouts from the large Dem. Party booth, including some for our presidential contender.

And this coming Friday, the traditional Dem. Party Election Eve Grand Rally will be staged at Mooheau Park in Hilo. The Grand Rally has been kinda dying on the vine over the last few years with the decline of the plantation era. But this year, we are bridging the generations with a new and improved Grand Rally that has been expanded to make it more family-friendly and inclusive. It will be broadcast live islandwide on KHBC RADIO, giving everyone a chance to hear from candidates on the other side of the island who can't be in Hilo the night before the election.

So, please, folks, turn out to Mooheau Park (across from the Hilo farmers market in downtown Hilo) for a great evening of entertainment on Friday. Two GREAT!! bands, The Honokaa High Jazz Band will perform from 4 to 5 p.m., the Downtown Swing band is on from 5 to 5:45 p.m. and the Hawaii Community College Chorale will be on hand to sing the Nat'l Anthem and Hawaii Pono'i to open the speechmaking.

Obama's sister, Maya Soetoro-Ng, will be the headline speaker. We want to REALLY welcome her to the Big Island so please turn out to lend your voice to welcome her! Our national congressional people, Senators Akaka and Inouye as well as Mazie Hirono and Neil Abercrombie will NOT be in attendance at this grand rally.

Prior to Maya taking the stage, there will be activities for kids large and small from 4 to 6 p.m.: Micile the Balloonman, face painting, inflatable jumping rooms to wear them out, KidsVoting sign-ups, pix with Obama (lifesize cutout). There will be food, campaign buttons, stickers, and other giveaways, etc., etc.

And if there's anyone out there willing to volunteer to help us carry out these upcoming events, please email me ASAP. (And on the Q.T., we're thinking about sponsoring an Inaugeral Ball here on the Big Island if Obama wins the presidency...wouldn't that be fun??? But first we have to elect him).

P.S. I hope this still fits in the realm of local politics because these are Hawaii County Democratic Party plans which do include candidates for national offices.