Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Angel Pilago videos on county issues
I haven't seen this yet..... busy days.

http://www.myspace.com/angelpilagomayor

check it out.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
I'm not sure the person who posted the video is doing Pilago any favors: It's Pilago's commercial, which I haven't seen run in a while (for good reason), which starts out with Pilago saying he doesn't take developer money.

I see from his latest Campaign Spending Commission report that Pilago has not only taken another $1,000 from Gentry's Kona Marina (a special interest if I've ever seen one as the company faces competition from the new Jacoby marina at Honokohau which Pilago opposes) as well as $250 from the CPB-PAC. A political action committee! Let's see his supporters spin this one as not being a special interest.
Hang in there Dave, Kenoi has spent over $338,000 - or approx. $21 per vote. Pilago as spent $80,000 for about $8.60 a vote and you are still harping on special interests and influence for Angel. If you ware truly concerned with speciial interests, by all means, vote for the person you feel is not bought.

By the way. Some of us have been trying to find out if Billy Kenoi has ever done any community work where he did not receive a paycheck. One person I know says he is a member of Kawanis but has never seen him on a community project. Many of us Pilago supporters have long hours and years in community efforts, as does Angel. You wouldn't happen to know about Billy's pro bono works by any chance would you?

Punaweb moderator
Why is it that Pilago supporters always change the subject whenever it is pointed out that he continues to take donations that he promised he wouldn't? It's your right to criticize the opposition, but when you purport to be taking the high road shouldn't you or James at least admit that what Pilago is doing is wrong? Your candidate acknowledged it Ð in a devious, left-handed way Ð by taking that promise off his campaign web site.

I'm not changing the subject. I just don't agree with you on your premise and don;t intend to waste much time on it. You can say the same thing over and over and it doesn't mean I have to agree with you. You are claiming that 1% of the money Angel has received in donations has come or may have come from what you consider to be developers.

So, IF we assume you are correct - and few facts in life are completely black and white - then you are actually complaining that Angel Pilago's statement about not being indebted or beholden to developers is only 99% correct. And that is your opinion.

So what? Why should Dave Smith's complaint that Pilago is only 99% right confound me or dissuade me?

Do you put any scrutiny on the meaning of the sources of Billy Kenoi's $338,000 donations for a $200,000 job?

Meanwhile I am still very interested in know if Billy Kenoi has actually done any community work for which he was not paid. We have not heard of any.

Meanwhile Billy Kenoi has now backed out of two upcoming election forums/debates. Angel Pilago has appeared, to my understanding, at every one he has been invited to. 100%. And Pilago has a day job.

Punaweb moderator
I'm claiming no such thing Ð and it's more like 10 percent, but the amount isn't the issue. The last time I checked, even 1 percent is greater than none, which is what Pilago claims.

Have you ever heard of the phrase "intellectual dishonesty"? That's what.
I don't buy your theory so I'm not invested in your proposition. I have concluded who I believe is the most credible and prepared to be mayor.

By all means go sign wave for Billy Kenoi. That would be intellectually honest.

I don't know you Dave and I'm not trying to be argumentative. What bothers me about your repeated criticisms of Angel PIlago is that you fail to mention or take into account two obvious possibilities and so rely on an absolutist position.

The possibilities you don't mention are

1) that the definition of developer is broad enough to include any owner/builder on the island and

2) that you might be identifying people as "special interest" and they are not or Angel might not have identified them as such and they are. i.e. a mistake.

There is room for error in my world, not in yours though so far.

Punaweb moderator
Aloha Rob,

You got this one covered nicely Smile

James Weatherford, Ph.D.
15-1888 Hialoa
Hawaiian Paradise Park
Rob, you're wasting time arguing Angels donor base. Damon has both of their lists, and they are worth days of argument in a short read. Just making claims don't cut it, evidence will. Wish he would back the SF though.
Gordon J Tilley