Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Save Montessori!
I heard from the Montessori teachers that Sacred Heart is planning on ending their lease to the school. Even though Montessori has been a great asset to Puna for decades. and even though they've invested tens of thousands of dollars in improvements. I'm sure Sacred Heart has it's reasons, but it's obvious what side I'm on!

Anyways many of the parents are really upset about this and eager to do anything to keep the school around. I was thinking that maybe we could find a new place to build it. So I was wondering if anyone has unused land that can be leased long-term to the school. Maybe the county? Does anyone in that organization of Pahoa businesses know?

If we build them a school, we could add more grades. Currently they only do preschool and kindergarten. But Montessori (the organization) offers classes through high school. Just not in Puna. But I would rather send my kids to a Montessori elementary school in Puna than to the other public or private schools here or in Hilo! I love them (can't you tell?).

Or can somebody recommend a location that would be appropriate and available?

Mahalo nui loa,
Stef
Aloha Stef. There is a church in lower Nanawale, Door Of Faith, that is for sale right now. MLS listing #176157. Not a big building, but on over an acre. Maybe one of the fine realtors on the forum could help you with it.

Thanks. I'll look into it.

I'm really trying to find someone who will give us a really good deal, b/c cash rich is not something any school around here is. But these people sound flexible.

Thanks for the lead. I'll keep you updated.

stef