Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Truck Stolen from Warm Pond - Wed Nov 19th@6:30pm
Want to put the word out that my Red '87 Nissan Pathfinder was stolen from the Warm Pond at around 6:30pm on Wed. Nov 19th. My Hawaii License Plate# is HEF 120. The rear bumper was hit on the drivers side a little and I have a "Shaka" sticker on the rear window.

My keys were stolen from underneath my towel right next to where I was in the pond! Obviously, they were watching me cause they didn't steal my car right away.

I thought my friends were playing a joke on me cause they literally joked to me just before it happened that they were going to "steal my stuff", so when i got out and my stuff was missing, I first thought they did it!! (I do know how dangerous it is there cause I hear the stories all the time from locals and my ipod got stolen just 2 months ago! So I was literally looking around for potential thieves when i got there, like i always do. But there were a lot of people around and nobody looked suspicious.)

So, I went to my car to get my extra Hide-A-Key hidden under my car frame AND THAT WAS TAKEN TOO! So, I was highly suspicious but it was dark by then and only one kind couple was left there. We looked around for my stuff but I felt there was no other option than to go to my friends house (1 and 1/2 miles away) and get the keys from them and return IMMEDIATELY. But once I realized my friends didn't take my keys it was too late. We scrambled back to the warm pond 15 minutes later and they obviously just drove off with my Truck.

No cars and no people appeared around at the pond when I was trying to find my keys. But obviously these Thugs were waiting in the trees or off to the side waiting for me to leave cause i didn't have a key to drive it.

So I filed a police report in Pahoa (CAUSE THE EMERGENCY CALL BOX IN POIKI DOESN'T WORK!!!) and they agreed with me that it's probably in Hawaiian Beaches or Paradise Park (cause that's where a fabled "Chop Shop" exists). Anybody know where this "Chop Shop" is?????

Please call me at (808)333-4726 if u know anything about this (or where these thugs take these cars to).

PLUS, I found out the next morning that those Thugs or some other ones BURNED THE PORTA-POTTIES AT THE WARM POND TO THE GROUND THAT NIGHT!! The county workers were there just shaking their head as usual... reflecting on the INCREDIBLE AMOUNT of Crime that has taken place there!!!

It's ridiculous and WE(the community) need to contact Emily (our councilwoman) and GET SOMEBODY POSTED DOWN THERE.....OR U MIGHT BE NEXT cause these Thugs are not getting prosecuted and THEY WILL CONTINUE!! SO KEEP UR EYES OPEN!!
Feel sorry for you backhoe!

I typically don't go to places where I have been ripped off before.

Maybe we need a thread on just Thefts in General since it does seem to be happening so much.

-------
My Blog
Agree with the idea for the thread. I think we can track these through Google Earth. I will work on it this weekend.

So sorry about the loss of your truck. You have a right to go to the pond without having your stuff (small and large) taken.
sorry to hear it, backhoe.

"chaos reigns within.
reflect, repent and reboot.
order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry
"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

Yep I heard this warning last time I was there. Maybe just bring a car key on a neck chain and hide your I.D. (pisses me off that some low life would do this). Same night I was there some crazy drunk was doing spin outs on the grass and parking lot. Thought my car was gonna get hit. So maybe early morning's a better time to go when the low lifes are gone?
Theodore Jay Wrote:

"So maybe early morning's a better time to go when the low lifes are gone?"

I'll be go to hell before I have to arrange my scedual around some low lifes. Lets get together and set a sting, you can be sure that they will be back for more "goodies"

The Lack
Red, HEF 120. I'll keep an eye out.

Thanks for the warning, I won't leave car keys unattended.
Thanks to Mitzie and Mark (the lifeguard at the Warm Pond),
they FOUND MY TRUCK ABANDONED ON A DIRT ROAD ON THE WAY TO POHIKI FROM THE WARM POND.

Apparently it was just a joy ride for these punks! I am lucky, the stereo was still in it and they left a key! The windows were down and Mitzie(sorry I don't know her last name) and Mark are responsible for keeping an eye open and Calling it in! Thank You So Much, You Two!!!

BUT THIS DOESN'T STOP THE PROBLEM!!! PLEASE EMAIL OR NOTIFY OUR COUNCILWOMAN EMILY NAEOLE AND TELL HER WE NEED SOMEBODY DOWN THERE FOR SECURITY.

They already have 2 security guards protecting Pohiki all night, why can't they have one guard spend 2 hours before dark at the warm pond to lock the gates and make sure everyone is out safe!

Please post any of your ideas about a solution to this OBVIOUS problem.

Thanks again all!
That's great that you got your truck back. I spotted an abandoned car a few weeks ago and called it in. Believe it or not I was told by the Police Department that I had to wait 24 hours to report it... I told them I was reporting it now and it looked like a stolen vehicle. An hour later the police came and brought the car's owner to get it. She was happy.

Glad your tale ended well.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
great to hear you got your truck back!

they call it the posse over here on o'ahu. you call into a radio station and they describe your vehicle over the airwaves. cars have been recovered this way.

"chaos reigns within.
reflect, repent and reboot.
order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry
"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james