Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PGV broke into magma chamber
Why did I have to read the BBC online to find out about this? This is very relevant here and I never came across it in any local news sources. If I lived in Leilani I sure would have wanted to know about this, and it happened back in 2005.

The link is http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7780873.stm

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
I heard it on the KGMB news this AM and thought it happened recently. It wasnt until I read the article that said 2005....

Catherine Dumond
Blue Water Project Management
http://bluewaterprojects.blogspot.com/
808 965-9261
"We help make building your dream home a reality"
Gee... I wonder how KGMB heard about it[Wink]

-------
My Blog
"Gee... I wonder how KGMB heard about it"

Eh? The BBC reported it at 14:49, it appeared on Punaweb at 16:02 (see the Geothermal thread), Andrew Cooper blogged it at 18:32 and you referred to it some time later the same day on your blog.

Are you saying KGMB reads Punaweb for breaking news? A serious allegation!
I assume they constantly check worldwide news sites for any mention of Hawaii.
As reported by BBC, this is being discussed at the Geophysics Union Annual Conference in San Francisco this week0
As it happens, our youngest son, Emmett, Senior (Geology major) at Colgate University, is at that conference this week presenting a poster from his research on a trip to volcanoes in Iceland last year. Today, my wife, Elizabeth, talked with Emmett on the telephone and Emmett said the geothermal drill hitting hot magma was the topic of another poster near to his and he had talked with those folks about it.
Big Island, small world.

James Weatherford, Ph.D.
15-1888 Hialoa
Hawaiian Paradise Park