Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaiian Beaches County Park
There was plenty of room for the kids stuff in the empty field on the other side of the concession building, I hope they have good reason for cutting them down.

The county has been doing a bunch of work around the park, and I am sure they are not happy with the residents around the park after they got into a little trouble with the dumping of waste oil in the uncleared portion of the park.

Note - second trolling line cast

They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security
Benjamin Franklin
-----------------------------------------------------------
I do not believe that America is better than everybody else...
America "IS" everybody else.
The Wilder Side Of Hawaii
Very sad - they look like monkey pod or shower...very pretty and so full of life. I agree with Rob...so many more pressing issues where money could go than to kill these wonderful behemoths.

[Sad!][Sad!][Sad!]

Carrie Rojo

"Every area of trouble gives out a ray of hope; and the one unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain or unchangeable."
-- John Fitzgerald Kennedy
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
Rob Tucker wrote:

I have watched with some astonishment the Park and Recreation Department destroying trees island wide. Not sure of the logic. While they claim to have no funds to maintain anything they seem to have funds for tree removals. I will hope that this is typical of the skewed judgment of P&R director Pat Englehard. We are all hoping that her term is ended and someone with more sense appointed to the post. Still awaiting word from Mayor Kenoi.

I went to the park yesterday and observed some nice guys removing the Monkey Pod logs [eight to nine feet long and some 18 inches in diameter] These guys are a couple of people that have a private saw mill. When I questioned them about the trees they said the county is going to put in some playground equipment there. I didn’t press the issue any further.

I called the parks and rec. and got no reaction or response at all nor has anyone returned my call. If this is true I believe that some heads should roll. This park dose some good by acquiring playground stuff for the kids, the politicians get their pats on the back, and their picture in the paper. Now some bone head of an half-wit destroys all of the good with the swipe of a pen to a work order to eliminate these beautiful Monkey Pod trees forever. If indeed it was this Pat Englehard that is the “brains” behind this work order this person needs to be reviewed as to their position with Parks and Rec’s. Incompetency is one thing but the abuse of your authority as a public official is inexcusable.

The Lack

What ya think, am I just trolling?
I will try to find out today if the wood was sold, traded for labor or given away. If they wood was given away and has significant value, a lawsuit might be in order.

The Wilder Side Of Hawaii