Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solar Panels being stolen!
I heard on the am radio news that there has been a large number of thefts/ burglaries in H.O.V.E. I do not know how many or exactly what Items, but they mentioned there are alot of solar panels being ripped off. These thugs are going to people's houses that are either on vacation, out of town or simply are only here a portion of the year. [:0] [Sad!]

If you know of or have bought any solar panels that seem really cheap, let the authorities know right away.
Sounds like a good idea to etch property address or similar onto the aluminum frames!

Link to article in West Hawaii Today:

[url][/url]http://www.westhawaiitoday.com/articles/2009/04/30/local/local07.txt

Maybe time for self adhesive roll roof PV panels. Has anyone researched same for price or availability? Thanks!
Gordon J Tilley
Solar panels as in PV or solar water heating?
I think the pepeekeo solar guy across Pinky's has the rolls. It was about $25k for a whole house system.
Dan De Soto
Mutual Underwriters
Insurance Agent
www.insurancehi.com
dan@mutualunderwriters.com
Tel: 808-961-3207
Fax: 808-969-1120
275 Ponahawai St., Ste#105
Hilo, HI 96720
there are alarm systems you can install in PVs that they must cut a cable in order to take the unit and when they do LOUD NOISE!!!!!

Daniel R Diamond
Daniel R Diamond
Solar panel thefts have always been a concern. The thefts I have heard about have been on vacation homes that are vacant for long periods of time. So far I havent heard of solar panels being stolen off of a occupied home. Although anything is possible.

Most home owners insurance will cover PV panels in the event the panels are stolen however the PV system must be installed legally by a licensed solar installer.

David Panscik
www.solar808.com
David Panscik
www.solar808.com