Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaiian adds jobs
quote:
Originally posted by Devany

I just flew to Oahu for $42 that does not seem like sky rocketing to me...

Since you may not have been here when the prices were out of control in the mid-2000's, you may want to read this article. Pricing for a round trip was up around $200 interisland.

http://www.midweek.com/content/story/mid..._to_go/P0/

When you have people who HAVE to travel to Oahu for medical or work, we need fares to be affordable.
"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me."
-Dudley Field Malone
I sure agree that $200 round trip sounds like a lot,especially when ATA was offering Oakland to Hilo flights for $89 each way in 2006 & 2007. Competition is good for the market place, as Go! has proven. Though I personally prefer to fly Hawaiian and would be willing to pay more to do so.

On the other hand, if people work on other islands, then they should not complain about paying for tickets, it was their choice to live here and work there. If an employer "forced" an employee to go to another island, then they should be paying for the commuter flights as well as rental cars etc.

As far as people who have to go to Honolulu for health reasons goes, Kaiser pays for the flights. We will actually go to San Francisco or Chicago if any major health issues crop up and that flight is a lot more expensive, but the care is superior.

Fares are not simply based on the marketplace, a company cannot continue to sustain losses forever. Look at ATA and Aloha.

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

www.myhawaiianhome.blogspot.com
www.eastbaypotters.blogspot.com
Anyone remember People Express?? I used to fly from New York to Los Angeles for $79. Fabulous...although my legs were in a vegetative state by the time I got there. Like sardines they packed 'em in![B)]

Carrie Rojo

http://www.carrierojo.etsy.com

"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it." Galadriel - LOTR
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR