Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPPOA general meeting
Did anyone go, didnt see any anoncements, didnt know i missed it
I was there. The guest speaker, Faye Hanohano our State Representative, gave a six minute speech basically telling us that she hasn't gotten anywhere with her township proposal, but is trying to get the PMAR further along. She didn't have a whole lot to say.

Several people complained about the process by which Kaniu Stocksdale was contracted to be the General Manager of HPP, and the Board members there again used "executive session" as a means of not explaining exactly how it happened. (See previous threads for detailed grousing about this.)

Board member Ken McGilvray again explained that not all the roads will be paved to some property owners who are apparently only just now realizing it. He went on to give a more detailed explanation of which roads have been paved and which are currently under contract. Some people in attendance questioned the criteria by which roads were chosen for paving, and at least one voiced his opinion that favortism was shown. This has been deniend in the past and was not commented on in any detail at this meeting.

I gave a short talk on the progress of the Neighborhood Watch which involved a recruitment appeal, the increasing success of our fund-raising HPP Swap Meet, our new equipment for engraving valuables, and plans to begin regular car patrols in July. I did manage to recruit four new members at this meeting, so I felt like I accomplished something.

The membership did not vote on a single item. Frankly, this sort of meeting is mainly for ventilating and informational purposes. The real business of HPPOA gets done at the regular Board meetings. If you really want to know how things work (or don't,) go to some of those. I will say that we usually have better guest speakers than Faye Hanohano. She was not at all impressive, as usual, but I'm editorializing when I say that.

If anyone else was there, please make additions and/or corrections.

Cheers,
Jerry