Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vetoes overridden
Does anyone know where to find a complete list of the Lingle vetoes which were overridden?

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/splsession2009/

complete list
But even though they were overridden...Lingle said yesterday that she will not fund any of them.
The one that I resent is the override for union companies with apprenticeship programs receiving a 5% discount on bidding public work projects. This is unfair to non-union companies (mostly the little guys) and it will drive many of them out of business. Less competition will result in higher contract awards and it’s unfair to the non-union companies and you the taxpayer. You would think that if the State wants to stimulate business they would level the playing field. Many bids are won or lost by 5% or less. After all this is a right to work State and you don’t have to be unionized to work here. IMHO the unions make large contributions these cronies in power and this is a huge payback for their contributions.
If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....