Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello..........
Thanks for the welcome guys!!!

PaulW, I'm in HPP, TomK, I actually don't like curries at all, but then, I'm far from the average brit, lol.

Hikatz, I've spent the last few years living in Gloucestershire, have also lived in Oxford and Warwickshire, and yes, I am overwhelmed by moving here, driving on the opposite side of the road freaks me out, I've got to tackle it soon as my husband has been driving me around so far, and the supermarkets..........I don't recognize anything and there is so much choice and foods I've never even seen before, I don't know where to start!

I'm looking to make a friend or two and meet/communicate with local people regardless of race, religion, age or gender, I just want to meet some friendly genuine people [Smile]
Rarni, driving on the opposite side isn't difficult. Most of the time you can just follow the other cars, just be extra alert when you're on an empty road.

It's you who should be driving your husband around, it's easier if you first drive on the opposite side with someone who's used to it and can tell you if you're about to turn the wrong way!

Just remember: the driver is positioned near the middle of the road. That's true in all countries.
rarni, feel free to call if you have questions will try to answer them.

My husband is also from Hawaii, I remember when I first moved to Hilo, it took me quite a while to get used to the local food, now I love it, even like poi![Smile] (never did like curries)

phone # 966-6327 leave a message and I will call you back

Welcome Rarni! I don't drive when in the UK so I can totally relate to what you are going through here. None of those crazy roundabouts here either.

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

www.myhawaiianhome.blogspot.com
www.eastbaypotters.blogspot.com
Welcome, Rarni.