Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State Championship Canoe Races Saturday
Hilo Bay is the best venue in the state for Outrigger Canoe racing. There will be over three thousand paddlers from ages 10-60+ going for the gold. Our Big Island clubs are well represented this year and should do very well. The Koa Canoes are beautiful to see both in and out of the water.

Stop by for the races, many great food vendors, and parties afterwards. (Puna Canoe Club always has the best party)

The best way for a malahini to assimilate into Hawaiian culture?
Join a Canoe Club.

Check it out Saturday. The races should run from 9:00- 5:30 or so, with the quarter mile sprints first, and the longer races later.

punatoons
wish i could see this. several of our friends from o'ahu are participating.

"chaos reigns within.
reflect, repent and reboot.
order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry
"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

Puna Canoe Club is the new state champion in the AAA division!

Congratulations!

punatoons
We were there and it was a lot of fun. We had a few friends and kids of friends in the races. Talk about people watching!!! I enjoyed seeing the kids win and get their medals. I loved all of the leis too. There were two stands selling them and making them on the spot too. And, yes those Koa canoes were spectacular works of art. I only brought my cell phone with me, but I will be posting pictures on my blog shortly.

Congrats to Puna Canoe Club! And all of the other winners too.

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

www.myhawaiianhome.blogspot.com
www.eastbaypotters.blogspot.com