Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommendation for post driller
We have a new driveway (yay - goodbye forever to Road A-holei) and now we need a gate across it, after 3 burglaries. Can anyone recommend a good person to put in the gate posts - they'll have to "drill" (if that's the right word) thru lava to set them? If we get the posts set by someone capable, then we can add either a hung gate or even just a chain. Thanks for any recommendations.
Actually you need a jackhammer.
you can rent one and do it yourself if you have power.
Hammer down 2 feet. buy 8 foot metal posts 4 inch in diameter.
Ashley's tractor and Hauling
-can do it in remote locations with his hydraulic hammer.

One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
there is a fencing company that i know of that does awesome work. they also(in my opinion...from shopping around) have the most reasonable prices. i am very pleased with the work that was done for me. here is their contact information that i have.

All Aina Fencing & Services
office 982-4774
cell 896-2108

good luck![Big Grin]
Mahalo! Just what I needed - sound info and good recommendations. PunaWeb is awesome.
Sometimes just a jackhammer is not enough. When we put in our gate posts, the blue rock was so dense on one side that the fellow we hired found it best to first use his rock drill to work his way down, then chip away at it with the jackhammer.
Puna Tool Rentals. The rotohammer and rock drill with trailered compressor rents for about a 120 bucks a day with a 3 inch rock drill. 2 in galvanized pipe goes in there in a mortar mix. It takes about 5 minutes to drill a 16 inch deep hole for a post.