Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pahoa Gym?
Well, it's about time [Big Grin], seems they're opening an exercise gym in Pahoa town. There's a sign on the alley across from the Akebono parking lot. Anyone else hear about it?
I hope they have step classes. I lift enough weights by lugging rocks around the yard!
Dory: front page article w. photo awhile back in the HT-H after the ground-breaking ceremony where all the politicos showed up for the photo op--even 95 -yr old Helene Hale--who started lobbying for the new gym back in '52 or so, would you believe. Gym is to be built on the Pahoa High and Intermediate campus near where the old gym is now...

-dwajs
-dwajs
Two different gyms. The school gym is one and the other is a workout space behind the Pahoa Village Cafe. Someone told me memberships were $25 a month to lift weights, I haven't heard about any classes though. I sure wish someone would open a real pilates studio on this side of the island!

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb