Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LOST DOG DURING THUNDERSTORM
Please be on the lookout for my dog Malu. He is a black Border Collie mix. Medium size, black with feathered tail that has some white in it. He also has a few white hairs on his body mixed in with the black, medium to long hair. He is very afraid of thunder. He was last seen Sunday around noon at my home on 8th between Makuu and Paradise. I don't have any pictures. He is micro-chipped. I will check the forum frequently so please post if you see him or hear of someone find a dog that fits this description. Mahalo.
Totogirl, I sincerely hope you find your Malu. I have forwarded your post to some friends who live in that area who do not follow Punaweb. I wanted to post the following yesterday during the storm, but we lost power:

Everyone with dogs should bring them indoors or into some other confined, secure space during thunderstorms. Sometimes even absolute "homepuppies" and canines least likely to roam or wander will bolt during lengthy periods of thunder. Our dogs like to go into the computer room because it is warm, dark, quiet, and small. After every major storm passes, we hear about lost doggies and heartbroken owners.

Again, totogirl, I hope Malu turns up. The fact that he is microchipped will be a big help should he end up at the Humane Society shelter.

Wishing you and Malu a happy reunion,
Jerry
Jerry,

Thank you so much for your kind wishes and help. I am from Kansas and have no experience with dogs being afraid of thunderstorms. I guess when they grow up with it being common place, they don't think much about it. Anyway, I did know Malu was afraid of thunder, but I was not expecting anymore to hit this morning. It was nice when I left and I was only gone an hour. I have a fenced yard and he was with my other two dogs. I just want everyone to pay attention to your comments and be aware that we all need to take special care when our buddies are afraid of storms.

Totogirl

Wow. In my distress I completely forgot to say that Malu has some brown on his face. The post for the black and brown dog that was found on Railroad and Paradise reminded me that I had forgotten to mention it. Thank you to all the dog lovers out there that are helping keep our pets safe and well.
I live on the same street by your area. Will definitely keep an eye on it. I think I saw one walk by my house yesterday heading toward Paradise Dr., but don't remember what time. It fits your description.

Best of luck.

Val
Thanks Val. Please pass the word. I checked the Humane Society today but they have not seen him yet. I will put posters up tomorrow. [Sad]
I don't with to raise false hopes, but driving down Kaloli towards the ocean I saw a sign around 20th street (I may be off by a few streets) saying "lost dog" with a number to call. Unfortunately I didn't get the number but might be worth driving there yourself. I guess this may also be a sign Bonnie Lee put up because it's roughly the same street she found that other dog a couple of days ago.

Tom
Thanks Tom, I will definitely check out the sign. I still haven't found my guy. Please everyone keep your eyes out.