Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wedding worries...
Well, Dear Daughterinlawtobe has lost a tremendous amount of weight in preparation for her wedding to my son on 1/19.....but not in the right places, and the dress needs some adjustments-about 2" in the bust and waist.

Can anyone recommend a wizard tailor?

Thanks in advance...
Chele

http://the-hroost.com
Having made & altered many a wedding dress, most are made to be altered a size or more without much wizard work..(most drastic alteration I have done was taking a size 10 down to a size 2/3... could easily alter everything except the heavily beaded front bodice, and just added a little padding to fill out the bust)

There is a great seamstress that was at Hilo Market on market days this summer, across the main street from Dolly's Handicrafts.... next to the shirt shop... but it looked like the shirt shop was closed a few weeks ago & didn't notice the seamstress....

ETA: Also from experience... I would recommend having some one on line to do the alterations AFTER the holidays... most brides change a bit a little before the wedding due to the stress & planning & parties &...& the holidays may add to everything