Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weekend Veterinarian available
Sherrill, I couldn't agree more with you regarding how our animal friends are treated sometimes. I'm nuts about our loved ones and grateful they are in our lives everyday.

Carey Yost has Toby I think - I haven't had the pleasure of meeting him/her yet, but feel grateful a real animal lover has bonded with them.

I saw a lady with AKC lab pups the other day and nearly turned around to beg for a cuddle. If I bred ours, I don't think I could part with the puppies...too close to my heart LOL!!

There are so many dogs on this island that it's almost strange. I think on the mainland things are much more spread out and we don't see quite so many pets in an area this small. My problem (or gift) is that I don't see them as property...they are my friends. I've never been able to change that to the chagrin of some.[Wink][Wink]

Carrie

"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it." Galadriel - LOTR
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
We do not have a TOBY (nor a dog that was dead... from the story of the old lady) we just have the run of the mill story here... owners pitch a dog for whateva - most likely 'cause they couldn't train the dog (she is deaf & learns hand signals quicker that a whippet - but it seems she was yelled at a lot & she obviously doesn't understand it!), and some angel saw the incident & salvaged a starving, scared & scarred dog.... & then went through a lot to find it a home & all.... & we lucked out... we have Kiko... and she was spayed at East Hawaii (one of our 4 vets.... never want to have a case where we need one & they are not there, so we have accounts at most of the vet offices here...)
The reason it's called "fixing your dog" is not because the dog is broken but to prevent YOU from being broken by worrying about the puppies' futures! jmo
Okay, upon re-reading Spyder's post, Toby was the dead dog in the car. And - Carey & Jim have KIKO...good name. Bad joke. (just keeding)[Smile]

Carrie

"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it." Galadriel - LOTR
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR