Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marijuana Free
Good luck with your search Shakanashi. Sorry you cant get more mature responses here on Punaweb.

Wow. I said I would never post here again. I still read topics all the time and enjoy doing so. I hope Shaka is able to find what they are looking for in friends and neighbors.

It's unreal to me how someone can make a SIMPLE request, one that sounds to me to have no bad intentions and get the responses they have here. What is so wrong with having personal preferences on this site?

How many posts were made after the opening post that were helpful to Shaka? How many were smart ass comments made behind a screen? I swear the maturity level in here is a joke. Why are there so many uptight people posting in here? And once again, KathyH has made several posts in her favor, defending herself or otherwise, leaving out Shaka and his post completely to further her feelings of being left out or whatever other selfish reasons she has for doing this to another topic is.

If being a friend to shaka or neighbor isnt going to work out with you because of THEIR PREFERENCES, NOT YOURS, big deal. Life goes on right? Nice to see the same people still making mountains out of molehills here on Punaweb.

several of us know wino. wino knows shakahashi. wino considers shakahashi to be a friend. any friend of wino's is a friend of ours. nuff said.

edited to add: i was going to add to this post. never mind.

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

quote:
Originally posted by KathyH

>>> ...This IS a discussion forum, not a personals forum, and it truly makes me feel hurt that you would take such a personal attitude towards me for advocating acceptance of diverse lifestyles.

It is still a free country and freedom of speech is a positive.
There is nothing on this forum or in this country that says everyone must advocate the acceptance of anyone else's lifestyle. We are free to accept or deny other's lifestyles if we choose. If you don't like it, just be quiet. It is a freedom that many of us would like to enjoy and keep.
You're claiming victim status now?

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.

Quote by mdd7000:

"It is still a free country and freedom of speech is a positive.
There is nothing on this forum or in this country that says everyone must advocate the acceptance of anyone else's lifestyle. We are free to accept or deny other's lifestyles if we choose. If you don't like it, just be quiet".

Starting with freedom of speech and ending with just be quiet?

That makes no sense.

I was gonna comment on that too, but i couldn't find a polite way of saying it, so i just let it be. Lets just say it's one of the more ironic posts i've seen in a while.

mdd7000's statement is pretty clear to me. Yes we have freedom of speech, but at what point do we have the maturity not to make something that IS NOT PERSONALLY DIRECTED AT YOU into something about you you you or me me me.

If the individuals who did not agree with Shakanishis post left it at that, then it would be great. But no, it made someone ill so the topic more or less had to be hijacked and twisted into something that CLEARLY wasnt asked for, which seems to be the norm if someone makes a request here at punaweb and someone FEELS LEFT OUT.

Just be quiet, or, find a way to respectfully make a comment pertaining to the post the poster posted. I think that makes perfect sense to me. Oh and by the way, again I hope the poster finds what he or she is looking for without too many more people slamming their individual preferences. BECAUSE IT WAS THEIR PREFERENCE TO BEGIN WITH NOT OURS RIGHT?
Yes, I made a mistake. I should have posted the "just be quiet" on a separate post. I still think if one doesn't like his original post, they should be quiet and not run on about advocating that everyone else must accept diversity just because...
Ah yes, who can forget that Homer and Jethro classic; "The Battle of Kookamonga"?

"A rooty toot toot
A rooty toot toot
We are the boys from the Boy Scout troop
We don't smoke and we don't chew
And we don't go with the girls that do........"