Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hike/Camp
Wondering if anyone would be interested in hiking to Waimanu Valley and camping overnight? Second or third week of March would be best for me.
Much Aloha, Ron [Smile]
Ron, I have been thinking of exploring that area, sounds like fun!! A couple of questions, what is your age and expeience level? How strenous is the hike, isn't it about a 17 mile hike and a pretty good climb? Unfortunately I am working the 3rd and forth week/weekends in March. For me I feel I'm in OK shape to handle it and consider myself a novice camper/hiker probably always will. Where is your start point?
It sounds like a lovely idea. Wish my hips were up to it. I did a short exploration up the far side trail of Waipio Valley to the rim of the next gulch. I was curios what king of trees might be in a place that could'nt be logged. Very exciting excursion - just a half day hike for me. Saw some huge pines and one tree that I calculated had a 13' diameter trunk (not a banyon, probably an albezia). That is an ancient trail, worn deep by many feet over many centuries.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator