Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
library email notification problems?
Is anyone else having a problem getting email notifications from the Hawaii library system for requested books? They keep telling me that their notifications to me are "blocked" somehow on my end but that is not the case. I have entered their address in my address book on Earthlink an also on my MAC but I still cannot get any notices. I even deleted my email address form my profile and re-entered that as well. Just curious if anyone else has this problem? At the Pahoa branch they have a pre typed slip of paper that reads "for patrons who are not receiving HSPLS properly" so I know I can't be the only one but I don't know how to resolve this. The staff is perplexed too!

Wyline
Wyline
Sounds like it's a problem on their end. In the mean time..I'd request snail mail notification. It's slower but it does get there.
Yes, I had so many problems w/ it I just check when I'm in a branch, or snail mail.
Open a new free email (eg hotmail, gmail, yahoo) account, just call it temp_wyline or something, and change your email address at the library to that. Then you'll know for sure which end is having the problems.