Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
maui transplant - Puna!?
Pahoa does feel very much like Paia, but less touristy. They're both typical small Hawaiian "towns." But unlike Paia, you're not going to get a line of traffic that's 3 miles long just to turn onto another street. We house-hunted on Maui before we moved here, and decided on Puna just because it felt like the backroads of Maui, at like 1/2 the cost. That said, you're not going to find a slew of restaurants to go to, or entertainment like miniature golf, etc. And you're not going to get a big high-rise hotel popping up on the beach bc there are no real beaches. Whatever there are, they are already parks. So what's not to like?

Course we have the coquis...
My most recent memory of Maui is about 1975. I'm not sure I want to see it now but I do have a personal reason that will eventually necessitate a return. I think I prefer the Paia and Makawao I remember from then. Until I see them anew they remain the same to in my mind.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
I know I've read on the Puna Web a dozen times at least how to make the e-mail work.....but being electronically challenged, I still haven't figured it out. You can e-mail me at thrall@mtaonline.net

Aloha - Dot
quote:
Originally posted by Dot

I know I've read on the Puna Web a dozen times at least how to make the e-mail work.....but being electronically challenged, I still haven't figured it out. You can e-mail me at thrall@mtaonline.net

Aloha - Dot

When you receive the rejection email - LOOK at it. The email address that it tried to send to is right there. Copy that address and send a fresh email through whatever you use for email.