Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Tale of Six Chickens
I agree that there isn't anywhere you can relocate roosters and have good karma. I live in a rural area, and if anyone dumped roosters they would start ruining MY life. That's what they do. They need to be killed.

I did relocate a wild chicken once. Was tired of having carport full of poop, and yes, it fought with my cat.

I'm surprised you can leave cat food outside, btw. I have mongoose trying to sneak IN my house, and feral cats ... they know where my cat food is ... I could never put it outside and not attract ants and critters.

oh, and you can't discourage roosters because they aren't very bright. If you make a habit of shooting at them with a pellet gun, they may learn to be sneakier, but they still come under the windows and crow at night. My husband tried running neighbor roosters off at this one house, with a bunch of marbles and a homemade slingshot. They would scatter and then circle back. Truly annoying critters.
Roosters taste just like chicken, imagine that? Chicken soup cures crowing, too.

Nine out of ten roosters hatched are "extra" and if you don't kill and eat them, they will kill each other anyway and die a long lingering death. Kill them young, kill them quickly and then eat them while thinking nice thoughts about them. That's about the best thing for all concerned. If you don't want them, bring them to me, I'll take them!

"I like yard sales," he said. "All true survivalists like yard sales."
Kurt Wilson

"I like yard sales," he said. "All true survivalists like yard sales." 
Kurt Wilson