Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hawaiian acres
are these lots spaghetti lots?are some of these lots prone to flooding?any help please.

Aloha, Mike,
Hawaiian Acres is predominantly spaghetti lots, and there are areas that flood. I am sure some of our forum members who live in HA can give more details about where the water problems are worst. At one time, some of the roads were reported to resemble white water rapids during heavy rains, but that could have been exagerrated. I know one guy who loves the fact that it is not heavily populated, and I can confirm that the forest up there is beautiful.

Cheers,
Jerry

Aloha Mike, I lived on "G" several years ago. Most of the lots are 150'x871'. The area most prone to flooding is close to the front,mostly between "B" and "C', running from top to bottom. You might check out the HOA website at http//hawaiianacres.org They have a flood zone map.

thanks for the info.what i would like to find is some 2-3 acre lots in puna that are not spaghetti lots,dont really like that they are only 150-175 ft. wide.anybody out thier know of an area?i also would like lava zone 3 or better. thanks mike

Hi Mike. You might take a look at Hawaiian Orchid Island Estates. It's located below Royal Hawaiian Estates and most of the lots are 3 acre squares (approx 350' x 375'). It looks like most of the current listings are in the $100-$150K range, but I'm sure one of the real estate 'Johns' on the forum can give you more in depth info.

aloha,
Gene

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Edited by - G. Leis on 01/20/2007 16:37:06

"I've been on food stamps and welfare, did anybody help me out? No." - Craig T. Nelson
are hawaiian orchid island estates and orchidland different subdivisions?thanks much

quote:
are hawaiian orchid island estates and orchidland different subdivisions?thanks much

Yes, they are different.

aloha,
Gene

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Edited by - G. Leis on 01/21/2007 09:28:31

"I've been on food stamps and welfare, did anybody help me out? No." - Craig T. Nelson
Aloha Mike I think you might find some side by side lots for sale in Hawaiian Acres and at fairly reasonable prices these days.

There is another Hawaiian Acres thread from some time ago, I'll bring forward.

The HA website that Leilaniguy mentioned, Aloha Hutch! will also give you a link within to the current newsletter. lots of good info there Good luck with your search!!

Aloha HADave

Aloha HADave & Mz P

Hawaiian Acres

The best things in life are free.... or have no interest or payments for one full year.

Another option would be to buy two one-acre lots in HPP.

Aloha,
John S. Rabi, ABR,CM,CRB,FHS,PB
http://www.JohnRabi.com
Typically Tropical Properties
75-5870 Walua Road, Suite 101
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
(808)327-3185
This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: http://www.nsm88.org/aboutus.html

I've been looking at a 1 acre HPP lot. The listing price is $45K. This is cheap compared to 1 year ago but pricey compared to 3 years ago. I'll just wait and see if it goes lower.