Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello Punaweb
Hello everyone! Yesterday I had the pleasure of meeting some very friendly Puna folks - Vince & Lisa and Marlene & Lee. (I had been following them around - unintentionally or course!)Amoungst other things they suggested I check out Punaweb.

I am a newbie here. Last month I moved to the Big Island from Baltimore, Maryland. Downtown Hilo is where I have settled for now. I am currently looking for work (as so many are right?) in the administrative/clerical field.

Some of of the things I like to do are go to movies at The Palace and playing games with my kids. I also like taking pictures and blogging (check out my blog barefootfornow.blogspot.com) and I'm trying to teach myself German.

I look forward to meeting and chatting with more of you soon.
Wilkommen zum Punaweb, Sharon!
Ich liebe dich! [Smile][Smile][Smile]

Aloha,
John S. Rabi, GM,PB,ABR,CRB,CM,FHS
johnrabi@johnrabi.com
http://www.JohnRabi.com
Typically Tropical Properties
"The Next Level of Service!"
(This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors http://KonaBoardOfRealtors.info)
This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: http://www.nsm88.org/aboutus.html

Aloha. Feel free to join us on the first Sunday of every month. It is "officially called Scuba Sunday". I started it to find dive buddies but it has diversified into many more things. Basically it is still for divers, but also an all round beach BBQ day at Richardson's Beach Park. We stake out ground around 8 am (thanks to Royal) and have a pot luck BBQ. Everyone brings their water toys an there are usually boogie boards, snorkel stuff, kayaks, etc. Everyone shares. The gals who own the dive shop, Sun & Sea Hawaii, often bring along SUP's (Stand Up Paddleboards) or other toys for everyone to check out and try. It is a great way to meet Punawebbers. Most of the people who come do not scuba.....so you fit in no matter what! There has even been some kind of dice game a group plays often after we get done in the water.

Leave it to Punawebbers to make things work for everyone. Smile

Aloha and E Komo Mai

Pam

I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
Check out Scuba Sunday (first Sunday of every month) if you want to meet people from Punaweb. Not everybody that shows up is from Punaweb but they are still fun and welcome. There are also people from the Sun and Sea dive shop that come and dive. They usually come earlier to get their dive in so they can enjoy the afternoon. Not everybody dives at Scuba Sunday. It is more of an aquatics day, as some will dive some, will snorkel, ( if you need snorkel equipment I have several sets that people can borrow) play dice, talk story, swim, and enjoy a friendly pot luck lunch and there is always plenty food! Sun and Sea Dive shop will usually bring a couple of stand up paddle boards to have fun with for no charge. It is always held at Richardson beach from about 10:00 to whenever. Just come down to the park and look for the "Hilo Dive Club" banner and the 3 plus pop-ups. If you need a ride just post the request on the reminder that will be posted here as the first Sunday approaches.

Aloha and welcome to the Big Island!

Royall

Hale O Na Mea Pa`ani

Geez Pam! Great minds think alike!!! LOL!

Royall

Hale O Na Mea Pa`ani

I think we were either married or twins in a previous life Royal!

"Oh Crap, She's up!"

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
Yes, Sharon, they are friendly group. Ha, I can say that because I am a new resident. Spent two years trying to sell my house in WA and ended up just buying an acre and staying in a travel trailer we bough. This month was my first Scuba Sunday. Great folks. Welcome. Peggy

Life goes on, with you or without you.
Peace and long life
Radiopeg, where did you live in Washington? We live in Puyallup. We are putting our house here up for sale hopefully in a week or two. We bought a place in HPP last year and hope to move there around September. We have actually sold two houses in this area in the last two years, as both of our parents (mine and my wifes) recently passed away.We want to be closer to our daughter, her spouse and our almost one year old Granddaughter, and they live nearby in HPP.

Take care. Jon

Jon in Puyallup, Wa.
Jon in Keaau/HPP
Thanks for the great welcome everyone. Scuba Sunday sounds like a lot of fun - I definately want to come to the next one!