Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leather Seats in truck
We are going to ship a truck over in a couple of months. It's long been paid for and still in good shape. One caveat is that it has leather seats. We are trying to find out whether the original seat material is underneath. (Truck is at the dealership now for a little pre voyage maintenance.) Houston is very humid all year round but we run A/C and it doesn't rain near as much so the leather interior works for us.

Not sure yet where we are going to store the truck on island. Worst case scenario would be on our property under one of those canvas roofed things.

Should we try to get the seats back to the cloth covers there pre leather upgrade?

Thanks, Susan
I do not think you are going to like what humidity will do to car interiors - I dont have leather seats - so the zarbities ate my vinyl sun visors instead - tried everything - need to replace them

as to leather - use it everyday, keep it in a space where it gets lots of sun, ventilate and keep it clean with peroxide or it turns to mold food is my experience - good luck - I'm all ears for leather survival tips as well

speaking of exposure - had to clean my speaker connections in the house - oxidation made them non conductive - good thing the amp has overload protection ........ I have lived on boats for years - the oxidation in my puna house - worse
Susan,
We've a leather interior in our vehicle and there are no signs of mold and we're down near the ocean. It's often parked in the sun so the heat within the car gets far too hot to allow for mold growth. If it were parked in the shade, it might be a different story. I wouldn't be too concerned about the leather in a vehicle... in your house it can be a problem.

E ho'a'o no i pau kuhihewa.
Thank guys. I know the "Bullwinks" is up the mountain and "Wao" is closer to the coast. This helps as I am geographically in between you.

We think the leather is actually slip covered on. So far my DH wins the coin toss - ship it with the leather - it helps to know to keep it in the heat.

And that's another footprint. Have land, have vehicle, now have the ability to work.

Mahalo, Susan