Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hilo: Single Mom Seeks...
Aloha, I was hoping that subject got your attention.
I will be attending Hawaii Community College on August 22nd, next Tuesday. Next week also holds a first birthday for my only child, a girl. I am in search of a rental home, apartment, etc (for the 2 of us). I would like to pay less than $1,000 monthly and that rent is as guaranteed as any other responsible adult (don't be scared by my scholastic involvement). I would like to be near the college moreso than I am now; essentially Hilo is the area that I'm interested in. We are minimal people, so large space is not necessary, but certainly a plus (as is a yard, and a washer/dryer/clothesline). I would like to move in as soon as possible, however I can accomodate for the right place.

Additionally, I am very open to the idea of sharing a rental home with another single mom.

I am also selling a 1988 Nissan Pathfinder Sport 4x4, std, 115K miles, running boards, kc lights, full spare for, just now reduced, to $2500/offer. I've been noticing that the clutch has an air leak that needs to be addressed. It is a good-running vehicle that was serviced recently and maintained as needed. New sparks, distrib/rotor, radiator, brakes, calipers all around & master cylinder (oil & air a given). Battery & alternator are new and the timing belt was replaced about 4 months ago. There is some cosmetic damage to the vehicle, but rust is at a minimum. The wheels are recent with aluminum rims and a full spare. The exhaust is original, so replacing it might not be a bad idea. Sticker & registration are current. I can usually meet you in town for a showing. Emailing pictures is a hassle, please call/email to meet.

I am also looking to buy a 4-Door compact/midsize(plus AC for the baby). I would like it to be clean & reliable with low miles as well as in the same price range. I do not want a car older than 1990. Foreign cars are also a plus.

The good thing is I know what I want. If you have it, let's talk story.

Mahalo for your input (and thanks for listening!).
~mello

This message also appears on the konaweb.
The Pathfinder has been sold to a good home.
~mello